With great expectation our Year 6 students had been waiting for this moment.
We all met in the Library, where students were invited to walk around freely, to later freeze and join two or three others to discuss some of the following questions:
- What are you curious about?
- What do you wish you were learning right now?
- What is something you’ve always wanted to know?
- What questions do you have about your world?
- If school didn’t have any subjects and your only criterion was learning, what would you study right now?
After sharing their answers, some students paraphrased what others had said, giving all those present a chance to listen to the wide variety of interests, curiosities and wishes many of them had.
In smaller groups they "fanned and picked" these questions and listened attentively to what each had to say. As a closure, they chose the one which they felt mostly identified the group's interests or seemed the most motivating one.
Still not too certain about what awaits for them in this new space, students are anxiously waiting for our next get-together!